Here are a few things that happened in Charlotte:
1. My lovely friend Rachel, who was selected as the Next Vera Bradley Model at the event in Orlando, was selected as the first Ultimate Vera Bradley Fan in Charlotte! She is as sweet as pie and I only feel a teeeensy-weeensy bit jealous because you just can’t possibly feel anything but delighted for such a delightful person. And frankly, besides, um, yours truly, there’s nobody else I’d rather have hold the title.
2. I chickened out and did not even mention my blog to Barbara or any of the execs. I think I was afraid they’d actually read it. No offense to any of my gorgeous readers. But, you know. It’s like making dinner for Julia Child. No pressure or anything.
3. I am a little more than sad that I wasn’t selected Brand Ambassador. And I probably will ruminate about this until the cows come home. I’m not sure if it was because I messed up or rubbed someone the wrong way, or if it’s just because they chose not to do it this time. I’m disappointed. But that’s not going to stop me from sticking my hat in the ring in Chicago in October. By golly, there ain’t NOBODY better for the job than me, and I’ll prove it over and over again, if I gotta.
4. I approached Barbara and Monica Edwards and told them my husband’s glorious idea about wrapping my H2 with a pattern. What I was afraid would be laughed at in a you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me way was met with smiles and enthusiasm – so much so, that Monica asked for my contact info and said, “Let’s do it!” Can you IMAGINE??!?! Barbara even told me that she asked her SIL, CEO Mike Ray, to wrap his Winnebago in a pattern! So it’s a thought that was already in her mind! Woot, Hunter!
5. As noted before, the next TUVBE is in October in Chicago. For some reason, I’m worried that I might have trouble securing tickets. I think the close proximity to Ft. Wayne might intrigue local fans and there will be a rush on registration. I have to, have to, HAVE TO keep my feelers up in mid-July to see when tickets go on sale. I’m having trouble keeping myself from checking flights already. Or. . . . I could be relax and keep the paranoia to a minimum. . . . . . Show of hands as to how many think THAT will happen.